Wednesday, October 10, 2012

second iteration

Well, well, well, el pollo has come home to roost.  And look where we found ourselves; today is the one year anniversary of my blog!  Hooray!  I love anniversaries, of any sort.  Really and truly, I do.  I will say they were better when I had someone to share them with, but those were a certain kind of anniversary and not the kind to which this entails.  This sort of anniversary, to me, is more along the "milestone" line than anything else.  And everyone loves a good milestone!

I don't have SO much to write tonight, but maybe a sorta off-the-wall reflection as to where I am this year compared to last would suffice.  I'm writing this with Modern Family blaring in the background so I'm sure I'll be attacking this thing like an ADD afflicted five year old.

Let's see here, one year ago... what was I doing?  Well by all accounts, at this moment I was watching the series premiere of American Horror Story on FX.  I have this great service I subscribe to called "Timehop," and it sends you your Facebook status updates from a year ago every morning in an e-mail.  And if you update with the sweaty, feverish intensity of a fat girl writing her first love letter like I do, it's a nifty service to have.  Unless it reminds you about something shitty, in which case it isn't fun but a mocking point of view from "Timehope Abe" and his cruel words of reminder.  Son of a bitch.

I mused that October 10th, 2011, about what this blog would entail.  My thoughts and ramblings, neither positive every step of the way nor negative to counteract it.  Just me being me, and as has happened in the past, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy.  That's always a pleasing result (c:  Sometimes I do look back on old blogs and wish they could always be funny; those tend to be the more enjoyable ones.  Then again, miserable ones may be just as good and you all simply enjoy reveling in my oh-so-deep emotions.  The blog-views don't lie on that logic, haha.

I'm pleased that I kept up with this thing.  I've started blogs in the past on other social sites and they haven't really amounted to much.  I think a big part of what keeps me going is that I can see people are reading these.  Some of you talk to me about them, and some of you talk to each other about them.  That part is super cool, to be honest.  I've always wanted to be in the vernacular of the masses, never thought I would have to do it on my own terms and through my words.  But what else would a self-proclaimed author do?  This is my 39th blog in 365 days... maybe next October I'll have hit 100.  That would mean this next year would have to be pretty fuckin' rad; anybody up for the challenge?

A lot has changed in a year though, that part is for certain.  I'm not pining for the same guy anymore, the one that I would end up writing a blog about in roughly a week that dealt with admiring someone from afar.  I'm not working at the same job and whining about my pay or things being unfair.  No more busted car, no more feelings of resentment toward the dreaded-ex for what happened.  I guess you could say I'm a happier person all around, and that's rarely a bad thing.  I don't know WHEN it would be a bad thing... but that's just something people say, right?

Tonight I have been researching the final bits I need for my Halloween costume; I bought the contacts for it and they should be here in about a week and a half.  I've got almost three weeks to the day until I depart for my cruise, but before that I have another laser treatment on ye old back.  Bleh.  Aside from that all there are a few big events coming in the next few months, some possibly bigger than others, and of course there is the end of the year and the premier of my video project as well.  All of these THINGS you guys have to look forward to!

So what does the second iteration of the blog look like?  I don't know if you're asking that, but if you are, I'll tell you.  It looks a lot like this... but it also is going to look a little different.  Expect to see a lot more dedication to my book, because by the time the third iteration rolls around, I'd like to be  a published author.  And wouldn't THAT just be a fantastic prophecy to become self-fulfilling?  Yeah, I thought so too.

So excited I could just spit.

For now I'll sit back and pet my cats that are fighting on the bed behind me, and then I'll take a shower and go to bed so as to be at work by seven am tomorrow.  Not the most thrilling blog in the world today but hey, if it was, I wouldn't have been true to my words from a year ago.  Happy anniversary to me!

Enjoy some Muse before you skadootch, because I still can't get this song OR the video out of my head after a month (c:


No comments:

Post a Comment