Tuesday, September 16, 2014

another fail for sean

I recently met someone.  I shouldn't say I met him, because we never actually met.  We met online.  And after a week and a half of fantastic conversation, witty banter, emotional tugs and thoughts of the possible future, the little affair is over.

I feel like I've run a marathon and lost, and I feel like I did when things I ended with Ken.

Left behind without a choice.

It's funny, really, because I never even met the guy in person.  How crazy is that?  Am I one of "those" people now?  So desperate for a connection that I latch on to the first good looking person that gives me a chance and lose said chance when I finally question if I'm being catfished?  Was it so wrong to say it was feeling too good to be true?  And further more, does that mean I actually WAS being catfished?

For those not in the know:
catfished; having a relationship of any sort on social media with someone who is not who they say they are, by using another person's pictures and/or living a totally different lifestyle from what they told you.

And it sucks.  Plainly, simply, and yet somehow infinitely, it sucks.  I'm torn about it because I also feel like I have no right to be upset.  We never hugged, held hands, kissed, or even set on eyes on each other... so what claim do I have to feeling such solid emotions?  I dunno.

Maybe it's the realization at how incredibly alone I feel right now.  Not "suicidal" alone, I would never even contemplate that so don't even venture down that path, but I feel alone.  And I feel that I'm ready to love, and more than ready to be loved.  And I no longer think there is anything wrong with feeling I deserve that, but I have to wonder why it is so hard for me to let people in to even give them the chance.  Why is that so difficult for me?

I don't get "real" very often in this thing because some thoughts are best kept close to the heart, but today, in this moment, with however small I feel right now... I also feel that if I don't get it out of me I'm going to burst.  And if I burst I'm going to lash out and take people down with me, and that's not fair nor something I want.

Now I'm laughing because I'm crying and it is just so ridiculous.

I live on my own, which you know.  I pay for everything myself, I never ask for money, and I rarely if ever ask for help from the people in my life for random things.  I have a successful career, I've published my first novel at 28 years old, I have a nice car, a small but wonderful group of friends, and of course a loving family.  But still, I go home to the place I pay for, all alone... and I sit alone... and I listen to music and write words down that probably don't mean much to anyone but me, and it just sucks.  It sucks.

I don't mean to unload on you but if I can't unload here then I can't anywhere.  And even though all of you are silent to me, and never really say anything, it somehow helps to think you're all on my side through this roller coaster I call a life and choose to share with you.  It's embarrassing to have this happen, to myself or anybody else, and it's embarrassing to share whether I was catfished or just gambled and lost.  Maybe it serves as a reminded to people who do this kind of thing, if that is any of you, and that it's a really awful thing to do to a person.  That there are consequences to your actions.

I have to believe that someone who could turn their emotions off so completely, in only a matter of hours, couldn't have been real from the start... but I don't know that.  Because if it sounded real, it looked real, and it felt real in my heart... who is to say it wasn't?  Not me.

Ever the eternal optimist.

 

Like what you saw?  Follow me on Facebook!  I can always use another fan (c:

Purchase "The Onyxus Chronicles: Episode I" HERE!

Like the book?  Follow The Onyxus Chronicles on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment