Tuesday, November 29, 2016

back to the beginning


It's time.

It's time for a reversal of things.  To return to an order I used to know and to set things aside that never did for me what I thought they would.  To let seansparker.com fade away into obscurity, to move myself closer to my roots, and to start living a life I want to live.

It's time for a return to form that used to make me so comfortable.  To write silly little memos, to laugh not only at life but with it.  To start stirring the pot just a little bit more and to enjoy the fruits of doing so.  To take control of a life that a year ago spun wildly out of control and only recently began driving straight once more.

It's time for trips again.  For life outside of the four walls I live in.  For changes and experiences and foods and drinks and stories yet to be told.  It's time to get off my ass and get into shape, to start feeling better about how I look and not to just wait for things to go my way.

How many times can a person write about a "perfect year" before they pay attention to the words they are using?  How many times do I have to write and read and think "life is what you make of it?"  Too many times.

That's the answer.

So here we are, back at Blogger, and back to the start.  If I ever really wanted to delete it, I would have.  But part of me always knew I'd come back.  I've published two novels, I'm on the brink of publishing a third, but I'm not famous for it.  And until I am, it's more comfortable for me to put on an old hat.

Musings of a Self-Proclaimed Author is back, and it's time to drop the "Formerly" from that title.  It was a mouthful anyway.

I want you all to keep a weather eye on the horizon, and bear with me.  I feel like I maybe have a grip on this thing once again and it's about time I do.

Ciao for now (c;

No comments:

Post a Comment