Thursday, January 26, 2012

baking the old noodle

What is it about this time of night that seems to get to people?  Just from a quick glance around my Facebook wall I count a grand total of five (yes, 5, for those who prefer actual numbers instead of words,) people who can't sleep.  Why?  What is it that's got your noodle in a state of flux so as to prevent you from closing your eyes and drifting away to a land of... things.  I'd fill this seemingly empty space with one of my random-ass dreams but that wouldn't be doing ME any favors and it would certainly only assist in putting you, my reader, to sleep.  You'd be lucky if you were one of the five (re: 5.)

Quick side-note: anyone else grossed out by the crazy veins in Demi Moore's throat?  Just noticed.  Sorry.

I wanted to write about something in particular right now but I have to wait a few weeks for the object to arrive so as to a) not jump the gun and b) have something substantial to talk about later.  It'll be on my list of Golden Things, rest assured.  What I CAN say is that I took steps today to ensure the probability of me leaving the state for undetermined amounts of time this year and throughout the future.  Maybe that is what is keeping me up and making my mind run at speeds in excess of plaid.  Yep, that was a Spaceballs reference... and I dearly hope someone is laughing about it.  At the very least, a chuckle.

Days like these, or nights, rather, get me to thinking about the future.  Not just in a "some day I'll write my own schedule!" way but more-so in a "I'm drawing up my plans for a happy future that could someday result in me writing my own schedule!"  I use that term of "writing my own schedule" loosely, as clearly it would mean to just work for myself and not a corporation.  Unless it was as the lead writer of a smash sitcom on NBC, in which case Lorne Michaels I await your call.

I don't know... maybe I'm just waiting for the big change to fall into my lap.  Over the last couple of months I've been carefully drawing up my own agenda, arranging the pieces on the chess board.  I kind of suck at chess, you can ask anyone, but I think this time the odds are a bit more in my favor.  The hard part is when decision time comes.  Do I slide my bishop across the board and mark the King in a check-mate, or do I merely tackle that bitch Queen to the ground and lolly-gag a little while longer?  The point of the matter is that time continues to flow, the world continues to change, and yet I remina the same.  Therein lies the irony that eventually consumes us.

But as I said earlier... I have a few weeks to wait before one of my stronger pieces falls into my hands.  I choose to look at it as a key and the world around me is a door begging to be opened, but really, I could leave anytime I wanted.  Just not the country.

And wouldn't you all just SHIT if I posted on New Year's Eve and said I was moving to Tuscany?

I know I would... and then I'd leave (c:

2 comments:

  1. I know I would, and then I'd follow you and kick your ass and haul you back ( c:

    Love ya! M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot figure out for the life of me who M is. M, who are you?

      Delete